I'm sure it is hard for people in the snows of the mainland U.S. to imagine that we are actually celebrating Christmas in Hawaii. We do have a little snow left atop the two volcanoes, Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea, but doesn't affect the ocean temperature, 78 degrees. Whales are our visitors arriving from Alaska now. Chris is going out on the catamarans on whale watches, snorkel sails and sunset cruises. I am doing some special projects for Ocean Sports (http://www.hawaiioceansports.com/), including mooring work, crewing, rebuilding winches, etc. I like not doing the same thing every day, perfect combo for a semi "ADD" guy like me.
Chris went flying with me in the Cherokee, albeit a bit nervous....she doesn't like gravity! I figure I can't do without it, hell we would all be flying out into space without the suits if gravity went on strike! None the less, after I got Chris to dig her fingernails out of the seat cushions and take the controls she felt a bit better. The turns scared her a bit, but heck she was the one in control so she couldn't complain too much about the driving. We checked out the entire North Kona/South Kohala coastline, tooks some pics and survived another flight...always a good thing.
Wishing you all a Merry Christmas wherever you are....aloha jeff

No comments:
Post a Comment