Sunday, November 2, 2008

fall in Ohio






Having lived in Hawaii for over thirty years I have missed out on experiencing the "four seasons". Some parts I haven't missed much, getting dark at 3:30pm, having to prepare to go outside, scraping ice off a windshield, freezing pipes etc. I have not had the pleasure of watching trees change the color of their leaves and send them floating to the ground. Here in Ohio it happens fast a furious. Chris and I arrived here about three weeks ago, I got a swim in the lake as the temperature was just dipping into the high fifty degree range. Air temperature was in the high eighties with blue skies and light winds. We sailed, we fished, rode bikes along the trails as the colors were just beginning to come. I was informed it was very unusual weather. Since then it has snowed, hailed, rained, and the wind has found itself in the fifties. I've given up on lake swimming, biking is now with gloves and sweatshirts if it's not raining or hailing. The leaves are leaving fast as another winter approaches here in the northeast. We are planning our exit like the geese heading south, then west....to California, then really west to Hawaii for the humpback whales, large surf, snorkeling, diving, biking and hiking with tank tops instead of parkas.....ALOHA

No comments: